Machine Learning Data Scientist
We are looking for engineers and technologists to help build the next-generation of systems, tools and features for Apple's cutting-edge devices and platforms that support billions of transactions. This team is the focal point in our work bringing the latest in search and discovery ideas to production at large scale.
- 2+ years commercial machine learning experience (not necessarily in a production engineering role).
- A strong understanding of machine learning theory.
- Mid-level programming experience. You do not have to be able to write highly scalable production code (you will be working with engineers who can do that) but you do need to be able to build prototypes and be able to understand the existing code base. Python, Java or C++ experience is highly desired.
- A principled approach to solving algorithmic problems with a focus on what will make users happy.
- A pragmatic approach to rapidly evaluating new algorithmic ideas.
- A very high attention to detail and ability to thoroughly think through problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics.
As a Machine Learning Data Scientist within the cross-functional Search and Measurement team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging search problems across a broad range of Apple products. You'll apply machine learning techniques to improve Apple's search algorithms, which may include iTunes search, App Store search and Maps search. You'll partner with engineers to implement your ideas in production and statisticians and analysts to evaluate and validate your improvements.
BA/BS or higher in Computer Science Masters or PhD in Machine Learning or Statistics highly desired.