Program Manager, Targeting
American Petroleum Institute
Works with the External Mobilization and Communications teams to advise and maximize the effectiveness of their outreach strategies based on voter file data, polling, microtargeting models, and other analytics tools. Serves as a vital role in ensuring that data is an essential component of the decision-making on all advertising and outreach efforts within the advocacy team.
- Builds intricate data sets from numerous data sources (both external and internal).
- Builds learning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows and offline data analysis.
- Coordinates the development of multiple custom data models to drive campaign work across departments.
- Collaborates with project teams to implement data modeling solutions.
- Interprets data to identify trends to go across future data sets.
- Other duties as needed.
- Requires 5-7 years of experience in a similar role and subject matter expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area, or other related field equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience with data, targeting, or statistics.
- Strong SQL skills across multiple database platforms (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.) preferred.
- Several years of targeting, data, and/or analytics experience in the political or public affairs realm.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced proficiency with web-based voter file platforms.
- Familiarity with polling and survey research, SQL, GIS, field reporting and program evaluation, precinct, and individual level modeling, and/or data visualization.
- Demonstrated ability to present data-driven recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Able to remain in a stationary position working on a computer
- Move about the office to access office machinery, meeting rooms, etc. on occasion
- Operate a computer and other office machinery such as printers and copy machines
- Transport items and equipment up to 10 lbs. on occasion
- Up to 25%
Percentage of travel time expected for the position, where the travel occurs, such as locally or in specific countries or states, and whether the travel is overnight.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all-encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.
API is an equal opportunity employer. Our success in maintaining a reputation for professional excellence depends on selecting the best qualified candidates. Achieving this objective means that no employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or such other grounds as may be covered by applicable federal, state and local law.