Big Data Developer - Hadoop / Vertica
Every day over 19,000 Amdocs employees, serving customers in more than 60 countries, collaborate to help our customers realize their vision. We have a 30-year track record of ensuring service providers’ success by embracing their most complex, mission-critical challenges. 100% of Fortune’s Global 500 quad-play providers rely on Amdocs to help them run their businesses better.
Amdocs is a ‘can do’ company that leads the industry, is fully accountable and most importantly, always delivers. This is our DNA. Our success has been sparked and sustained by hiring exceptional people. If this sounds like you--- if you have the drive, focus and passion to succeed in a fast-paced, delivery-focused, global environment-- then Amdocs would like to talk with you. Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
Please Note: All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship now or in the future.
Amdocs is seeking a Big Data Developer - Hadoop/Vertica with hands-on experience developing to be part of Agile teams who has experience developing scalable distributed data solutions using Apache Hadoop, other open source platforms around Hadoop and Vertica.
- 5+ years of strong coding skills in JAVA
- 2+ years of experience implementing ETL/ELT processes with MapReduce, PIG, Hive
- 2+ years hands on experience with HDFS, HBASE/Cassandra on large data sets
- 3+ years of hands on experience with NoSQL (e.g. key value store, graph db, document db)
- 1+ years of Vertica knowledge
- 5+ years of solid experience in performance tuning, Shell/perl/python scripting
- 1+ years of experience with REST, JSON and modeling OLAP/OLTP systems
- Ability to work with Architects/Data Scientists/Business liaison
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or relevant fields
- Self-motivated, organized, and results-oriented
- Hortonworks, Gephi, Tableu or any other visualization tool
All Amdocs roles require strong verbal and written communications skills, position-appropriate mentoring/leadership abilities, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities, and a deep customer service orientation, both internally and externally.
Alpharetta, GA 30009