Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment.
- Statisticians at Amazon work directly with a diverse scientific team including computer scientists and economists, as well as other statisticians.
- You will build statistical models, using world class data systems, to solve business problems in a fast moving environment.
- You will work directly with scientists and managers from different parts of the company on a variety of key business problems including retail, international retail, cloud computing, third party merchants, and operations.
- You will have access to some of the most-qualified scientists in their field and will have the opportunity to maintain an independent and active research agenda.
- PhD in Statistics.
- Two or more years of experience in a postdoctoral position; or, two or more years of experience in consulting, government or academic research.
- Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
- Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong research track record.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Seattle, WA 98109