Software Development Manager - Analytics
Software Manager - Display Advertising Analytics
Amazon is well positioned to grow its share of a fast growing online advertising industry due to its unique assets - ecommerce data, service oriented architecture, and startup culture. Be part of a team of industry leading experts that builds and operates one of the largest big data anlytics platform at Amazon. Amazon is applying the latest machine learning and big data technologies available to change the way marketers purchase, track, measure, and optimize their advertising spend. We apply these technologies on terabytes of data a day (over 10B new events per day) operating a petabyte size cluster. We seek to measure every possible signal indicating impact of advertising to provide the most objective result of marketing spends. The Role:This role will involve driving products impacting many areas of our business. The individual in this role will have responsibility through the full product life cycle, from product strategy, prioritization and development to adoption and iteration with global sales and account management teams. You will work with product management and sales teams as well as lead an engineering team to harness some of the biggest opportunities to grow our business’s top and bottom line.
- Develop and execute project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Operations of the service as a mission-critical system.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
Here are some things we'd like to see in every candidate:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience managing software development teams
- 8+ years of software development experience, including C++ or Java
Here are some things that we'd prefer to see, though none is independently a requirement:
- Online distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in data analytics using Hadoop
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
- Delivered a low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Delivered ad targeting and serving infrastructure
- Previously held a technical leadership role for several complete large-scale projects
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
Seattle, WA 98109