Senior Analytics Associate
Amazon.com is seeking an outstanding Senior Analytics Associate to uncover key insights on how consumers watch videos on Amazon. As consumers increasingly consume digital video, we need to make agile decisions based on what content appeals to our customers. As a Senior Analytics Associate at Amazon, you will have the opportunity to work on one of the world's largest consumer data sets, as well as influence the long term evolution of our analytics capability.
You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with content acquisition managers to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions.
- Mine and analyze data pertaining to customers viewing experiences to identify critical business insights
- Proactively develop new metrics and studies to quantify the value of different aspects of content
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement
- BS degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field
- 3 to 5 years experience applying analytics & statistical methodologies to business problems
- Proficiency at querying relational databases (SQL) and ability to pull & integrate data from various sources
- Experience with analytic tools such as SAS
- Strong critical thinking and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- 3+ years in using advanced SQL and databases in a business environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Experience or coursework in any scripting language, such as PERL, Java, Python, etc.
Seattle, WA 98109