MySQL DBA, Amazon Web Services EC2
The Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) networking team is looking for a person with strong technical skills, a flair for database administration and building highly available database replication systems. This person will support the networking control plane team's database needs around management of EC2 network stack. This role requires excellent database design, implementation, optimization and ongoing management skills to meet or exceed the requirements of running of critical, top-tier service required to power the Amazon Cloud.
The MySQL DBA/Systems Engineer must be comfortable with fundamental network technologies like DNS, TCP/IP, SSL and DHCP. A successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills and ability work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving, debugging skills.
- Provide support for EC2 Networking teams' database instances in Amazon's production data centers worldwide.
- Work with developers to model and perform query optimizations for expensive and complex database queries.
- Improve existing database monitoring tools and build heartbeat and alarming systems on database failures.
- Manage the database failover and replication tree of master-master and master-slave primary and secondary databases to maintain high availability
- Build new database slaving trees and entire database clusters in new Amazon regions.
- Actively monitor and improve database performance.
- Enhance documentation and procedures for dealing with database issues.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, minimum of four years software development experience
- Alternatively (no degree) minimum of six years of professional software development experience
- Expert at root cause analysis of MySQL issues such as slow queries, high CPU load, lock contention.
- Experience with database failover, disaster recovery scenarios
Seattle, WA 98109