Manager Business Intelligence - Global Payments
The Amazon Payments Platform supports millions of transactions every day across dozens of countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems every year. The Payments Business Intelligence team stands squarely in the intersection of these systems, helping Amazon.com and its partners understand what the business did yesterday and influencing where it is going tomorrow.
As the Manager of Business Intelligence, you will have the leading role in implementing analytically intensive solutions designed to improve the success of Payment’s programs and delighting our customers. You will contribute to the company’s intellectual property and will be accountable for the quality, accuracy, and adoption of the analytical solutions the teams under your direction develop.
This role requires an individual with excellent team leadership skills, outstanding business acumen and the breadth to work directly with Software Development Engineers and Vice Precedents. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
As a successful candidate, you will have demonstrated success in the following areas:
- You played a leading role in developing and managing teams responsible for implementing analytical solutions for company-wide, business-critical problems.
- You worked together with leadership to develop a long term analytical strategy.
- You have demonstrated the ability to expand your analytical influence over multiple departments, increasing their productivity and effectiveness to achieve strategic goals.
- You have demonstrated composure and leadership when confronted with adverse situations and have demonstrated the ability to keep your teams focused and motivated.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline.
- 5+ years of leading teams to drive the technical design and implementation of Business Intelligence solutions.
- 5+ years of professional experience in web analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics position.
- 5+ years relational database and SQL skills in Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 or other database platform
- Experience in designing and delivering large cross functional custom reporting systems by managing technical teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience supporting analytics in the payments industry.
Seattle, WA 98109