You will be working with the team that owns the A/B controlled experimentation platform at Amazon. Amazon offers analysts the opportunity to work with vast stores of exceptionally rich e-commerce data. The company implements business-impacting predictive models and policies very rapidly. You will interact with customers to gather requirements and build solutions from scratch. You will communicate analysis results and techniques, both verbally and in writing, clearly and confidently to business partners.
Amazon is a fast paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. As a Statistical Engineer working in the merchandizing platform, you will be developing and supporting the analytic technologies that give our internal customers timely, accurate and meaningful information extracted from the data. You need to create rigorous quantitative methods to automate decisions that help us accelerate the good and attenuate the bad, with great impact on the profitability of the company. You need to build highly scalable algorithms to drive growth and profitability through novel analytics. You will be responsible for building reports and dashboards, modeling data, and administering the platform software.
- Model metadata for adhoc and pre-built reporting
- Interface with business customers, gather requirements and gain a deep-dive understanding of key datasets.
- Tune application and query performance under different executing environments
- Oversee the implementation of new algorithms, assessing the results, and assisting in operational fine-tuning of models
- Work closely and provide coordination between the analytics, engineering, and operations teams to drive key process improvements
- Establish scalable, efficient, repeatable processes for large scale data analyses to support the creation and interpretation of key business metrics
- Build key metrics and model reports for communication with business leaders
We’re looking for a senior Statistical Engineer with a passion for data and a passion for supplying their clients with data-based insight. The ideal candidate will use state-of-the-art statistical techniques to research and analyze complex Amazon operations and customer history data. You are passionate for analyzing data of massive sizes to drive results in a fast-paced environment. You are analytical and creative, and you don’t quit.
You should also have the following skills or experiences:
- Master degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Experience SAS and/or R
- Excellent SQL knowledge and comfort writing Unix scripts
- A strong ability in statistical modeling and analysis, providing rigorous answers that address the business needs
- Strong problem solving skills, and an ability to apply them in the context of a fast-paced business environment
- Good written and oral communication skills, able to translate complex models and analysis results into layman terms.
Capable and motivated to collaboratively work with a diverse and innovative team of engineers, analysts, operations personnel and business management to achieve superior results.
Highly experienced analyst with 5 years of exceptional hands-on experience with data analysis in a variety of quantitative fields, ideally including retail and/or e-commerce.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Extensive experience with SAS, SQL, R, Unix/Linux environment
- Training/Teaching experience
- Plus: Programming & Computer Science knowledge, experience with Hive/PIG
Seattle, WA 98109