Data Scientist, Shopper Marketing & Insights
Amazon is one of the world’s most highly trafficked sites and delivering impactful advertising is one of our key business initiatives and a rapidly growing revenue source. Amazon’s Shopper Marketing & Insights team focuses on serving the advertisers and our overall ad business to provide strategic media planning, customer insights, targeting recommendations, and measurement and optimization of advertising.
We are hiring outstanding Data Scientists who will use innovative statistical and machine learning approaches to drive advertising optimization and contribute to the creation of scalable insights. The ideal candidate should have one hand on the white-board writing equations and one hand on the keyboard writing code.
At Amazon, we are obsessed with our customers. The data scientist’s customers are (1) our strategic advertisers, including some of the biggest brands in the world, and (2) Amazon’s advertising organization. The successful candidate will obsess over serving these customers’ research needs in better ways every day. In particular, he or she will partner with software engineering and product management teams to:
- Analyze peta-byte scale ad and retail data to deliver insightful analytics that will solve key client business problems and improve our advertising.
- Develop innovative experimental design and measurement methodologies to understand our client's business growth and our advertising efficacy.
- Innovate new modeling and machine learning approaches for our ads targeting, optimization and measurement.
- Collaborate on compelling new analytical reporting, products and features for our clients that enable data-driven decision making.
- This is a high impact role in a talented and close knit team of data scientists, analysts, engineers and product managers who are helping define the next generation of Ad Tech and influencing marketing decisions across the globe.
- PhD in quantitative/technical/scientific field is preferred. Significant graduate level coursework in statistics or econometrics is required. Coursework in machine learning and computational methods is also preferred. Master's degree with 3 years of relevant applied statistical or machine learning experience may be considered.
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, R, SAS, Stata, Matlab or other analysis or computer programming language appropriate to the work; proficiency in C++, Java, etc... is also highly desirable. Candidates will be expected to significantly grow their proficiency in several languages over their first year in role including Hive and Pig.
- Previous experience with very large datasets
- Previous experience with automation
Seattle, WA 98109