Data Engineer, Amazon Prime - Business Intelligence
Amazon Prime is looking for a talented data engineer to help manage our ever growing information needs and support analysis of increasingly complex business questions. At Amazon Prime, understanding customer data is paramount to our success in providing customers with relevant and enticing benefits such as fast free shipping, instant videos and free Kindle books in the US and six international markets. At Amazon you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data environments.
As a data engineer with Amazon Prime, you will work with our marketing, delivery experience, finance, and technology teams to provide the analytic technologies that give our customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data. You’ll build and maintain database solutions that are used for daily reporting and drive business decision making while dealing efficiently with the massive scale of data available through our Data Warehouse as well as our Prime and Delivery Experience software systems. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and dashboards, and administering the platform software. You are expected to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL design and mappings.
You will interact with business owners to formulate key questions, gather requirements and build a structured reporting platform. You must also be able to manage timelines and coordinate your work with other team members including software development schedules. Your work must be accurate, timely, and insightful. You must be a self-starter and be able to learn on the go. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as you will work very closely with diverse teams.
We’re looking for Data Engineers who are passionate about data architecture and data-driven decision making, uncompromisingly detail oriented, smart, efficient, and driven to help our business succeed. You know and love working with analytic tools, can write excellent SQL and Unix scripts, can partner with customers to answer key business questions, and you are an advocate for your customers. You should be an expert familiar with all of the data warehousing technical components (e.g. ETL, Reporting, Data Model), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. You will be responsible for developing overall architecture and high level design. You should have extensive experience with Star Schemas, Dimensional Models, and Datamarts. You are analytical and creative, and you don’t quit.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related technical field
- 5+ years experience in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL.
- 5+ years experience with relational and star schema data modeling concepts
- 3+ years experience with notable BI reporting tools (Oracle BI Enterprise Edition is preferred), including administration, modeling, and development.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle SQL, Linux and OLAP
- Strong data modeling skills
- Experience with Big Data solutions – Hadoop or other framework
- Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand their requirements and provide data which can help them observe patterns and spot anomalies.
- Understanding of agile software development cycle
- Experience working directly with remote technical teams
Seattle, WA 98109