Business Intelligence Manager - Amazon Instant Video
Amazon Instant Video is looking for a leader for the Business Intelligence team to help meet the analytics and reporting needs of a rapidly expanding business. This individual would lead a team of data engineers and analysts in partnering with business stakeholders across AIV, to create a culture where data and analytics are the foundation of a solid decision making process.
We are looking for someone who is technically deep and can scale the DW infrastructure, build out a reporting platform and build self-service tools that empower end users to perform their own analytics. This position requires understanding the needs of a diverse set of stakeholders—Product Management, User Experience designers, Marketing, Finance, Vendor management—and building a data architecture and analytics infrastructure to support their needs. Strong leadership skills are a must to be successful in this role.
- Design, build, and maintain the data infrastructure to support business analysis.
- Support analysis and reporting on product initiatives.
- Grow the team to scale for a rapidly growing business.
- Prioritize and allocate resources to initiatives. Setup streamlined process of engagement with stakeholders to ensure prioritization process is transparent and well understood.
- Provide technical direction on data architecture, technology choices, data storage and archival strategies, access control etc.
- Develop agile processes for fluid delivery of data, information, and analyses to the business.
- Evangelize and educate on the use of the BI platform for strategic decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Oracle experience is required
- Leadership experience managing teams on Business Intelligence, Data Mining, or Data Architecture. Preference for experience with consumer-facing internet products & services.
- Experience with Reporting/BI tools.
- Solid knowledge of data warehousing concepts is a must.
- Experienced in ETL development and tools.
- Extensive experience with relational databases and SQL for analytic processing
- Proficiency with cloud architectures and distributed systems
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies is desired (Hadoop, EMR)
- Proficiency with Amazon Web Services.
Seattle, WA 98109