Business Intelligence Engineer, Supply Chain
Amazon is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills and technology experience to join our Supply Chain Control & Analysis team. In this position the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying opportunities and implementing initiatives to improve inventory placement and fulfillment to our customers. As a member of the Supply Chain team they will play an integral part in Amazon inventory management by successfully partnering with various operations, transportation, IT, retail, and finance teams to support new business initiatives. The candidate should enjoy diving into data and recommending solutions to enhance the supply chain. Position provides opportunities to influence one of the high visibility/high impact areas in the organization.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in Computer Science or another technical field or 2+ years of Amazon experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative experience with impact to a business, a track record of problem solving using software systems, and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Experience with supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics (gained through work experience or graduate level education).
- Experience communicating with senior management (VP level decision makers) as well as with colleagues from computer science, operations research, and business backgrounds.
- Expert knowledge of Excel, SQL, Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic, or other programming languages.
- MBA or other graduate degree in Engineering, Logistics or other supply chain related field.
- Prior use of Lean and/or Six Sigma analytical techniques a plus.
- Basic familiarity with advanced statistical and operations research methods
Seattle, WA 98109