Business Intelligence Engineer
Amazon.com is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Forecasting Team. We develop sophisticated algorithms that involve learning from large amounts of past data, such as prices, promotions, similar products, and a product’s attributes, in order to forecast the demand of over 10 million products. These forecasts are used to automatically order more than $200 million worth of inventory weekly, establish labor plans for over 10,000 employees, and predict the overall company’s financial performance. The work is complex and important to Amazon. The better our forecasts, the more we can lower prices for customers and offer in-stock selection.
You will have an opportunity to work in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments and help build and maintain a Forecasting metrics portal. Internal business analysts and external Retail customers will be using the portal to understand and investigate forecast inaccuracy. You will also have the opportunity to work with “big data” and apply strong data analysis skills and technologies.
You will be developing and supporting the analytical technologies that give our customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing an analytical environment using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and dashboards in Oracle BI Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Tableau.
You will also work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs.
Required Skills & Experience
- A good candidate has strong analytical skills and enjoys working with large complex data sets.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, Linux and OLAP
- Good data modeling skills
- 3+ years development experience with notable BI reporting tools like Oracle BI Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Tableau, etc.
- A good candidate can partner with business owners directly to understand their requirements and provide data which can help them observe patterns and spot anomalies.
- 5+ years of working with large data sets and analyzing data to identify patterns.
- 5+ years of SQL, Oracle database, data warehousing experience
- 5+ years of BI reporting tool experience. OBIEE is preferred
- Hands-on experience with OBIEE 10g+, should have setup infrastructure, worked on the repository and developed complex frontend reports.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Seattle, WA 98109