Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent purchases among hundreds of millions of eCommerce transactions in six countries? What would you do to create a trusted marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers can safely transact online? What kinds of processes and systems would you build to maximize customer satisfaction?
Our mission in Transaction Risk Management Services ("TRMS") is to make Amazon.com the safest place to shop online. The TRMS team safeguards the order pipelines; monitoring, tracking, and managing risk to ensure long-term buyer satisfaction. TRMS group designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com. Not only do we protect all aspects of the Amazon shopping experience, we also deliver our services to large and small merchants hosted on the Amazon platform. And, we evaluate new business opportunities from across the company to determine how we can minimize the risk associated with these launches.
As a Business Analyst, you are responsible for building a robust set of operational and business metrics, working with cross-functional teams to design, build, deploy the reporting systems, and utilize metrics to determine improvement opportunities. You will also be responsible for driving process improvement opportunities identified as part of Kaizen processes.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Own, develop and maintain metrics allowing more granular explanations of Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Business report trends and driving the prioritization of Quality/Cost Improvements projects
- Produce regular reports and analysis, write systems queries to gather data, perform data-mining and analysis using tools including MS Excel, OBIEE, MySQL, SQL, Oracle BI and Cognos to identify trends and develop forecasts, as well as identify opportunities for cost savings and quality improvements.
- Own, develop and maintain forecasts of Operational Metrics
- Drive LEAN efforts by leading Six-Sigma & Kaizen projects in relevant operational area.
- Work with the Finance and Operation Management to forecast and develop operational targets
- Provide analysis support on Project, New Initiatives and Strategic Decisions
- Collaborate with Operations & Engineering Managers other Operations teams to implement solutions that enrich customer experience.
- Track project issues, concerns, deliverables, acceptance criteria; Act as a liaison between Transportation/Operations leadership/business teams and engineering teams
- Deep dive and acquire an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices and apply when solving business problems.
- Participate in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practice in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge
- Experience with cross-functional teams and/or carriers/vendors for implementation of project/program requirements.
- Strong Data analysis/Microsoft Excel/SQL skills
- Relevant experience of 3+ years
- Degree in Business, Finance or Operations Management required.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience in business process improvement, Lean/Six Sigma a strong plus.
- Experience in technical requirements gathering and the ability to document technical requirements is a strong plus
- Ability to work effectively & independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be a big picture thinker, strategist & long-term planner
- Outstanding attention to detail; Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels with the ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data
Seattle, WA 98109