Associate Predictive Modeler
This is an opportunity for a creative data scientist to use your machine learning, statistics, data mining, and analytic skills to influence the decision making of a Fortune 100 company. The Rating Plan Development team (RPD) is responsible for identifying and developing pricing opportunities that will enable Allstate to generate profitable market-share growth.
RPD currently has multiple openings, from entry-level to experienced predictive modelers, and candidates will be considered for the position that best matches their skills and experience.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer known for its “You’re In Good Hands With Allstate®” slogan. Now celebrating its 80th anniversary as an insurer, Allstate is reinventing protection and retirement to help nearly 16 million households insure what they have today and better prepare for tomorrow.
The position will be responsible for
- Building best-in-class predictive models taking into account business constraints.
- Contributing to projects that yield actionable insights the business can use to increase customer satisfaction, policy growth, retention, and loss experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Experience (in order of preference)
- Solid skills and training in machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining or related field.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in at least one programming language
- Experience using at least one machine learning algorithm (for example: Generalized Linear Models, Boosting, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, SVM, Bayesian Methods, Ensemble techniques, etc.)
- Strong communication, time-management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to concentrate on loosely defined problems which require application of creative approaches.
- Understanding of algorithmic complexity and scaling of run time and memory usage with larger datasets
- Solid knowledge of linear algebra and convex optimization techniques.
- Experience tackling large data sets or familiarity with tools such as Hadoop or MapReduce.
Experience Required: (type of experience and number of years required)
0 - 2 years of experience in statistical research or analytical work; experience related to the insurance industry preferred.