At Adstra we know great things happen when people come together with one shared goal. The future of data is happening at Adstra. Come join our growing team.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer to join our team of professionals. This position is a remote within the continental United States .
Our “ideal candidate” should be naturally curious, detailed oriented, have a sharp analytical mind, proficient with a variety of cutting-edge toolsets, a penchant to drive efficiency through automation, and ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical people alike.
You will own a range of primary data science objectives including designing testing frameworks for data quality and confidence, analyzing structured data from a wide variety of sources, evaluating data partners, and identifying and scoping opportunities to automate repeatable processes.
Responsibilities for this opportunity include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets;
- Implement custom processes for data cleansing and transformation;
- Utilize multiple tools and programs to analyze and convert source data to a standardized format;
- Build and maintain documentation for data conversion processes while seeking out process improvements;
- Perform data quality control reviews and data assessments to identify trends and anomalies;
- Research new techniques and best practices within the industry;
- Work with product and engineering to define objectives and develop analytic tools and products.
In addition, our "ideal candidate" has the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or related field;
- You are an analytical, result driven individual with high attention to detail;
- You are a self-starter, quick learner, problem-solver and someone who relishes challenges;
- 3+ years using SQL or other query and scripting languages to aggregate, gather, and manipulate data;
- 2+ years using scripting languages such as Python or Bash;
- Deep understanding of relational databases, ETL tools, data conversion and data cleansing methodologies;
- Experience with (or at least exposure to) cloud-based databases like Redshift, Snowflake, or BigQuery;
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent;
- You have a love for all things data and data-driven solutions;
- Pride in your work, and high standards for yourself and the company you work for;
- Strong communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop;
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud;
- Previous AdTech or MarTech industry experience.
Adstra, a privately held, PE backed company, provides a comprehensive suite of data and identity solutions for a wide-array of use cases to a diverse base of blue-chip clients.
Adstra is the industry’s first Data Bureau, focused on the successful orchestration of data across both on and offline media. Adstra’s solutions give safe, compliant, portable and cost-efficient access to any form of marketing data, combined with any form of identity and any form of applied analytics to enable consistent messaging to individuals across multi-channel marketing campaigns. Adstra also is a leading provider of customer acquisition and data management services, supporting both the for profit and nonprofit markets. Adstra is headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey with offices and associates strategically located across the United States.
Adstra offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401k w/ company match, paid time off, business casual dress, summer hours, customized training & more! If you are one of the “best and brightest” in your field and you’re looking to position yourself for the future, this is a great opportunity.
To learn more about why Adstra is the new ideal in places to work check out our Adstra Careers page today!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adstra provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner that ensures there is no discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
For immediate consideration, please create a profile and make sure you provide your resume and current contact information. We look forward to learning more about you and the value you can bring to Adstra!
We want to be your Employer of Choice!