Sr. Data Scientist
The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and layouts for complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- This position will work closely with the IT, Sales and Marketing organizations functional leads to formulate hypothetical insights and work through the lifecycle of delivering these insights to production.
- Design and build large and complex data sets, from spurious sources while thinking strategically about uses of data and how data use interacts with data design.
- Design and implement statistical data quality procedures around new data sources.
- Perform data studies and data discovery around new data sources or new uses for existing data sources.
- Implement any software required for accessing and handling data appropriately. Implement and hand off data checking and updating procedures to teams.
- Perform statistical analyses with existing data sets in statistical packages.
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization. Research and implement software and hardware related to mobile technology.
- The Sr. Data Scientist position will perform data analysis, develop algorithms and predictive models, and deliver reports for a broad audience. This position will apply algorithms and modeling tools to a variety of data assets and develop critical solutions for multiple areas of the business. Sr. Data Scientists work with a dynamic and passionate team of experienced data scientists and other professionals. The Sr. Data Scientist will:
- Create, develop and maintain a suite of predictive analytics to solve critical business problems using the best technologies available.
- Develop statistical models and methodologies to predict, quantify, and evaluate various business metrics.
- Provide expertise and assistance in integrating advanced analytics working with leadership teams to find best in class business solutions.
- Has extensive specialized technical expertise. Applies expert knowledge and broad understanding of multiple disciplines. Integrates expert knowledge of technical principles/methods of multiple disciplines with knowledge of products/services and internal operations. Advisor on ATT technologies/systems/procedures.
- Evaluate key performance metrics and evaluate trends.
- Deliver business differentiating analytics: Analyze data and deliver business differentiating insights. Assist in developing executive presentations.
- Deliver timely, relevant, useful, and accurate analytics reports with data based inferences to stakeholders.
- Identify reporting and data gaps needed to fully evaluate customer requests, and work with the rest of the Data Sciences and Analytics team to implement.
- Continuously identify opportunities to better meet business needs.
- MS/PhD. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, CS, Econometrics or equivalent/related degree OR Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics or a closely related discipline, five (5) years of experience in the Job Offered or over four (4+) years of experience in Analytics, in Actuary roles, as a statistician, or as a Data Miner.
- Masters in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or similarly related discipline
- 2+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging data analysis to drive significant business impact preferred.
- Above average capabilities with basic analysis tools of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Word, & Access).
- Ability to perform thorough analysis of complex data, draw sound conclusions, and devise actionable strategies.
- Expertise in predictive modeling. Must have knowledge/experience in some/all of the following: Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bootstrap Aggregation, Boosting, Decision Trees, and Time Series Analysis.
- Experience in Optimization, Stochastic Processes, Experiment Analysis, and/or Bootstrapping a plus.
- Experience in Hadoop-based tools (Mahout, Hive, Pig) a plus.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis tools such as R, SAS, or KXEN.
- SQL proficiency a plus.
- Solves complex, critical problems related to significant and unique issues. Uses extensive research and interpretative thinking. Utilizes innovative methods in developing solutions. Works on abstract problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
- Independence guided by functional goals/objectives. May influence organization goals/objectives. Applies discretion to develop innovative solutions to problems without precedent.