AdWorks Hadoop Engineer
AT&T AdWorks is rapidly growing in expectation of becoming AT&T’s next billion dollar business. We are looking for industry veterans who revel in the prospect of building a better approach to advertising sales that utilizes the inherent strengths of the world’s largest telecommunications company. AT&T AdWorks is the face to the market for AT&T’s newest ad products across IPTV, Mobile, and Internet.
Within the AdWorks Engineering team, we’re looking for a Hadoop Engineer. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned Java programmer with strong Computer Science background (sorting, hashing, etc.), familiar with one or more functional languages (eg. Scala, Clojure), and experienced with Hadoop MapReduce in particular. He/she will also have a keen interest and/or actual hands-on experience with multiple distributed computing/storage frameworks (eg. Storm, Cassandra, HBase, Spark) as well as Hadoop-specific DSLs (eg. Scoobi, Scrunch, Cascalog), and be motivated to solve complex problems involving large (long and wide) data sets, efficiently and scalably.
- Languages: Java
- Scripting languages: Perl, Python or similar
- Algorithms: sorting, hashing, recursion, trees, graphs, etc
- Hadoop core: MapReduce, HDFS
- Hadoop utilities: Oozie, ZooKeeper
- Relational algebra (SQL)
- Unix shell programming (sh, bash, csh, zsh): pipes, redirection, process control, etc
- Unix pipeline utilities: awk, sed, grep, find, etc
- Unix system utilities: cron, at, kill, ssh, sftp, etc
- Regular expressions
- Hadoop cluster administration: queues, quotas, replication, block size, decommission nodes, add nodes, etc
- JVM-based functional languages: Scala, Clojure
- Hadoop pipeline frameworks: Streaming, Crunch, Cascading
- Hadoop productivity frameworks: Scrunch, Scoobi
- Hadoop query languages: Pig, Hive, Scalding, Cascalog, PyCascading
- Hadoop libraries: Mahout
- Alternative HDFS-based computing frameworks: Spark (Pregel)
- Serialization frameworks: Avro, Thrift, Protocol Buffers
- Distributed databases: Cassandra, Voldemort, HBase, MongoDB, CouchDB
- Real-time event streaming: Storm, S4, InfoSphere Streams (IBM)
- Statistics, data mining or machine learning: expectation, regression, clustering, etc.
Required Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5-8 years experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications.
- Understand API design/development, Web Services design/development (REST, SOA, etc.)
- Proficient in application/software architecture (Definition, Business Process Modeling, etc.)
- Understand application/software development and design.
- Proficient in application/software testing (Unit, Integration, System, Case Planning, Design and Execution).
- Understand Change Control Methodology.
- Proficient in Development Methodolgies (AGILE, ITUP, 3D, etc.)
- Knowledge in protocols (network, software).
- Understand Development Tools (Rational Tools, Agile Tools, simulation tools, etc.)
- Proficient in internet technologies/programming (WSDLS, HTML, DHTML, XHML, XML, .NET, Active X, SSL, HTTP, Weblogic, Websphere, etc.).
- Understand operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows).
Desired Qualifications -
- Understanding of project management process