Senior Software Engineer - Hadoop & NoSQL
ASEG Inc. (Advanced Systems Engineering Group), a systems engineering and software development company, seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team. As a senior member of ASEG's technical team, lead the design and implementation of solutions for the Deportment of Defense and Intelligence Agency programs critical to our Nation’s National Security.
ASEG Inc. seeks a Senior Software Engineer with experience in all technical aspects of software development. The qualified candidate will be self-motivated, a creative problem solver and be responsible for utilizing state-of-the-art tool suites and analytical techniques to analyze high level requirements, evaluate alternative approaches and synthesize the optimum solution approach.
The Senior Software Engineer will exhibit competence in technical aspects of systems development and be responsible for developing processes, utilizing state-of-the-art tool suites and analytical techniques to design, implement, troubleshoot and document high performance solutions. The candidate will also be expected to participate in requirements gathering and system design as well as lead technical teams developing such systems. The position requires the ability to work in a team environment with both internal resources and subcontractors in a coordinated effort.
- Perform trade studies, technology evaluations, and rapid prototyping;
- Guide other software engineers to diagnose and resolve application problems;
- Design and development experience with application servers, JMS and the Spring Framework;
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop and a solid understanding of Map Reduce
- Hands-on experience with GML, KML and geospatial file formats desired; and
- Use systems architecture to create service definitions and data models.
This full time position requires:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Eight years of intensive and progressive experience spanning initial systems analysis to deployment and support;
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with one or more of JBoss, Apache/Tomcat or WebLogic application servers;
- Experience designing software solutions using UML or Design Patterns;
- Experience in C++, Java and Perl software development experience under Linux;
- Experience with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel and Word, and
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
This position requires US citizenship and an active security clearance is desired. Candidates may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
San Diego, CA 92121