Vice President, Data Science
AM LLC is in search of a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-starting individual. You are a highly skilled and experienced technologist with a passion for data science and making a difference in the world. As the Vice President, Data Science you will lead a team of data scientists in delivering value to our clients while developing our business, skills and people. In short, you are a technology superstar who understands exactly what customers and colleagues need - and you consistently exceed their expectations. People greatly enjoy working with you and are inspired by your vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Align client business strategy, KPI's to impact, and data science use cases.
- Propose new problem-solving solutions and methodologies; data modeling, analyses & interpretation.
Apply the latest algorithms and techniques like deep learning and other machine learning techniques to create client value through insight generation and decision support –then turn these into action.
- Facilitate workshops/interviews to bridge the gap between data analytics and business outcomes.
- Provide advice to clients by translating analytical solutions into recommendations.
- Aid to achieve strategic goals to positively impact business results.
- Proactively react to changing business trends, and recommend solutions.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with peer Exec Leadership Team (ELT) members, subordinates, vendors, and customers.
- As a member of the ELT, behaviorally demonstrate AM’s core values.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly skilled in data infrastructure, modeling, and architecture – optimized for collection, analysis, and reporting
- Expertise with data visualization and analytics platforms
- Expertise with cloud platform configuration and deployment
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of systems administrative processes for data security, quality assurance, quality control, and speed to market
- Understanding client requirements for data reporting and ensuring successful delivery
- Highly skilled and steeped in best practices for data collection, analytics, and security
- Experience with strategic planning and technology budgeting for large organizations
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and inspire teams
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field with a specific emphasis on data (Econometrics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, Quantitative Marketing, Statistics, or other Research masters).
- 15+ years of experience leading a data science function
- Sharp analytical capabilities combined with the ability to develop and transform concepts into pragmatic and innovative solutions.
- Hands-on experience and skills around all or most of below categories (at least 1 skill per each category):
- Database query languages: SQL, NoSQL, etc
- Programming languages: Python, R, SAS, Java, C++, SPSS, MATLAB.
- Machine learning models: Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, Neural Networks, etc
- Machine learning solutions: Google Tensorflow, IBM Watson, etc
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc
- Big Data solutions: Hadoop, Spark, HBase, MongoDB, etc
- Data visualization: Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc
- Working knowledge of and experience working with the following compliance frameworks:
- SOC 2
- HIPAA, HITRUST
- NIST SP 800-53 Rev 4, CMMC
- FedRAMP (Federal Risk Authorization Management Program)
- ISO 27001
- Proven record of strong leadership, management and communication skills
- Professional experience of leading and managing teams
- Communication skills for translating technical concepts into easily understood, business-friendly language
- Leadership: decision making, change management, analytics strategy, etc
- Sales and delivery: Business developments, RFPs, value proposition, etc
- Project management: Agile, Scrum, DevOps, etc
- Presentation: executive presentations, design thinking workshops, storytelling, etc
- Business expertise: Healthcare, Federal, State & Local Government, etc.