This is a high growth position in engineering BI solutions at ADP. The individual's primary responsibilities include quantitative research, determining and communicating connections/relationships between data, identifying and answering questions about data and products. Position requires hands-on technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, product knowledge, industry knowledge, and communication skills.
Will work with other team members (including offshore), architects and product owners in the early and continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight our customers. Must be a results oriented individual, who can readily master use of agile software development principles to achieve the desired business outcome.
- Functions as a key resource in identifying and answering key product questions
- Answers key product questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data
- Drive the collection of new data and refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze and interpret results of product experiments
- Develop and implement best practices for instrumentation and experimentation
- Works with the Product Owners and other team members to complement and complete the development process
- Extracts, processes and transforms data as needed using scripting tools
(Experience, Skills, Academic)
- BS/BA or Masters Degree in relevant field or 8+ years in a relevant role
- Extensive experience (4+ years) solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python or PHP
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, Matlab, or SAS
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels; Effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Must possess a passion for technology with the ability to excite and motivate other team members in various roles in the organization
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and processes desired
- Experience in working with offshore teams to deliver world class results resulting in scalable, reliable and robust enterprise class solutions desirable
- Experience with researching new and emerging technologies to realize development or product cost efficiencies
- Ability to iteratively and incrementally improve both products and processesMust be proficient in many of the following domains:
- Statistics, Quantitative Research/Analysis, Empirical Research, Discrete Math, Probability, Data Mining, Data Conditioning, Media Analytics, Web Analytics, R/Matlab/SAS, Map/Reduce/Hadoop/Hive, Python/PHP
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADP), with about $10 billion in revenues and about 570,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of experience, ADP offers a wide range of human resource, payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source. ADP's easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to companies of all types and sizes. ADP is also a leading provider of integrated computing solutions to auto, truck, motorcycle, marine, recreational vehicle, heavy manufacturing, and agricultural vehicle dealers throughout the world.